Processing and management of water resources
- Develop new technologies for industrial water and groundwater: membrane processes, oxidation, absorption, adsorption, biotreatment.
- Select and validate water management schemes for sites (Uganda, Kaombo, Solar farms, Carling, etc.).
- Qualify processes and techniques: sea water, oily water, process water, produced water, groundwater.
- Provide technical expertise to operating sites (TEPNL, Refineries, etc.).
- Characterize groundwater dynamics (ORCAD) and improve physical-chemical and biological monitoring.
Hydrobiology and aquatic ecotoxicology
- Anticipation of changes in regulations, in particular the “zero biodiversity impact” of discharged water.
- Pertinent ecological characterization and monitoring techniques that can predict environmental impact.
- Application of environmental DNA sequencing techniques (using DNA studies).
- Work on the bioavailability of pollutants and the impact of climate change on watercourses.
- Studies and validation of impact assessment techniques in controlled environments or mesocosms (Pilot Rivers).
Sustainable soil management
- Define agrivoltaic schemes: combining an agricultural activity with solar power production.
- Maximize the carbon storage capacity of a soil depending on the vegetation covering it or the biological processes of its ecosystem.
- Valorize industrial wasteland to produce biofuels.
- Remote sensing applied to soil quality and their capacity for long-term carbon storage.
Biomass for energy
- Valorization of biomass and liquid effluents as biogas, thanks to anaerobic digestion.
- Evaluation of the BMP (biochemical methane potential) of different organic liquid or solid resources (inputs).
- Evaluation of the treatability or toxic effect of a potential input.
- Development of anaerobic bacterial flora able to break down specific inputs.
- Use and management of the digestate.
- Culture and production of microalgae in open reactors to reuse CO2 and produce biomass or biofuels.
- Separation techniques for microalgae concentration and reuse.
- Manage the latest molecular biology and bioinformatics analysis tools to use microbial communities as biomarkers.
- Understand microbial ecosystems to inhibit or stimulate certain flora of interest.